Name:

My life included secretarial, medical and WWII bomber work—a "Rosie the Riveter". Military Wife, Mom and Grandmother.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Plants

Am looking for information on starting an Avocado plant from the Avocado stone in the Avocado.
My sister many years ago was very successful with her Avocado plant and also the Pineapple.
One of my hobbies is starting plants with their own stone or pod.
One of my friends has a beautiful orange tree in their sunroom that produces oranges,Plants

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very easy.The traditional method is to suspend avocado pit over a glass of water (using toothpicks)so that about a half of it is submerged. You should see the roots formed in about 3 weeks followed by the top growth.The problem is that the roots are very brittle and not always survive transplanting.Recently I just planted the avocado pit halfway in a small pot filled with soil, enclosed the pot in a plastic, translucent box and placed on the warm windowsill. It took longer but it sprouted and I don't have to worry about transplanting.Good luck with avocado and the blog. Sophie

6:26 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Hello Sophie, Thank you for the information on starting an avocado plant. I started today with the avocado pits I had on hand, using the procedure with the planting. Thanks again! Ciao

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home